1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Let me add another endorsement for Reboot.

Webster and garrow like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched part of the first episode. Stopped to see if my wife wanted to watch it with me, but I'm intrigued enough to keep going either way.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. outofplace

Lyanna Mormont and Oberyn Martell try to survive in a post-apocalyptic United States. I know nothing about the video game that is the source material, but this looks good.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It absolutely has the best story and art direction of any video game I’ve ever played. The sequel … not as much.

Cosmo, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Never did play the sequel because I heard similar reviews. The original, I played twice all the way through and it was as close to perfect as a video game gets.

garrow likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I have no desire to watch anything that is going to make me feel miserable. Does that make me old?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nope. That's why I won't watch The Handsmaid's Tale.

Caught the first two episodes of the final Atlanta season last night. So, so good.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

For me, it's always a sliding scale. Handmaid's Tale and TLOU Part 2 sounded like pure misery, as does most horror. Andor is right on the edge for me, but I'm hanging with it so far.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. outofplace

This is why humor is so important in stories that deal with darker subject matter. This came up on the Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon thread. The world depicted in both stories is brutal and unforgiving, but the former also has humor and likeable characters. The latter does not, making it a little harder to stomach sometimes.

The Walking Dead has the same problem. The early seasons were great, but I would never re-watch an episode. Even the Battlestar Galactica reboot, which I loved, is tough to re-watch. So much of it is just too dark and brooding.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I typed that after watching The Last of Us trailer and reading up on it.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This has been the reason I can't stay with The Patient. I don't like feeling uncomfortable as a horrified Carell awaits his fate.

Draft saved Draft deleted