1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This is a good take, they sci tech team is very much a rip off of every procedural on TV right down to Winston Zedmore as the sage old leader.

I thought it was decent, esp for network fare, but it looks a little formuliac

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Arguably, the worst episode of the original is the one about JFK - it felt way too intense and high stakes, vs. everything else. The original was also largely apolitical, which was also probably a smart decision. It focused on a lot of marginalized people you almost never saw on TV, even if it was Bakula in their role(s) a lot of the time. Already in the reboot, people are online pointing out that Pennsylvania from the first episode sure had a lot of palm trees, so I'm kind of skeptical on their attention to detail for this.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My buddy noticed that when they showed the front page of a newspaper from the day of the event that they were trying to prevent, there was a headline that read "Phillies refuse to lose." He looked it up and saw they were 13-14 in July on 1985.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the first two eps of Reboot. I'm a sucker for shows that are "writer based" whatever medium a writer works in. I can only imagine the writers on this show having fun getting the chance to deconstruct the genre they've toiled in during their careers. One of the producers is Dave Feeney - from Daves of Thunder and former show runner of Single Parents. It looks just like a typical mult-camera sitcome, but with nudity and bad language.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh shit, I didn't know he was involved with that! But, it makes sense. Rhode Island's most cherished son, David Feeeeeeney.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. Definitely the most I've ever enjoyed Johnny Knoxville, and possibly the most he's ever enjoyed himself (no spoilers).

I find it refreshing to see Hulu allow itself to become the butt of the joke to some extent, too.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just watched the Netflix documentary on Creedence Clearwater Revival, much of which is recently-discovered film of their April, 1970, concert at the Royal Albert Hall. If you're of a certain age (hello, Boomer!) it's great stuff.

One of the top rock & roll bands in the history of the USA, composed of guys playing lead, rhythm and bass guitar and a guy with a four-piece drum set and three cymbals, absolutely kicking ass.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Great! I love that band, I'll check it out.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Californication did the "writer" thing but strayed badly by season 3.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but G.W. Bailey (Rizzo) is still around. Had a role in The Closer and Major Crimes.

garrow likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Caught the Law and Order tripleheader. Sam Watterson only link to the original series now.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Starting S2 of Kevin Can F--- Himself

Still decent and at times very good.

Wenders likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted