1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You're all losers.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Yes.

The female support is interesting. Mr. Elba should be proud.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Versatile, you of all people would love Six Feet Under. It was fucking made for you. And the finale was epic.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The comparisons obviously begin with Tim Olyphant playing a lawman, but there are many, many Deadwood actors on Justified. Justified is very much a modern Western and there's a similar theme of what happens when outside forces invade a community. The dialog isn't as flowery as Deadwood, but it's sharp. Lots of memorable lines.

I watched the Breaking Bad pilot, but wasn't grabbed by it. I know people say it gets better, and I believe them, so I will watch it someday. But at that point my wife didn't feel like getting invested in a show likely to be a real downer at times.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's exactly how I feel.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Have you seen Idris Elba? This is not surprising

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Coming soon to FX, 'Fargo - the tv series'.
    (Also, 'Justified' renewed.)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/28/justified-renewed-5/

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Mr. Elba can act. THAT is why I watch the show. There are lots of good looking men on TV but if their show sucks, I ain't watching it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well that's why I watch the show.

But that's not why I repost photos of him to Facebook more than occasionally. And it's not, I don't think, why you "like" said pictures. ;)

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This reminds me of how I watched Love and Other Drugs because the plot was so great.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Anyone planning to give a chance to How to Live with your Parents (For the Rest of your Life)? It stars Sarah Chalke, whom I love, and Brad Garrett, whom I don't.

12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

The man has a goatee, Verse. I'm watching the show despite his looks.

Draft saved Draft deleted