1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

500,000,000 won is $421,000 in dollars.

Add up your mortgage, car loans, student loans, credit cards and I’m guessing this would ring true.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really does make me realize that while we have had pro-union movies, and perhaps a dystopian future movie or show before - most tv and films that do a "take" on what drastic measures a person will take to combat a socio-economic situation are comedies "Fun with Dick and Jane" , "Good Times", "Roseanne" or fluffy'ish romps like Bonnie and Clyde. They never really take on the root of the problem. There really isn't that much of a difference between those drug ads you see on TV and the credit card ads offering "free money" or "free trips" if you sign up for their high-rate cards.**

- May cause long-term financial damage. Use credit responsibly. Consult a financial manager before taking on additional debt.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Early seasons of The Kids in the Hall are on Prime. Very hit and miss, but the good stuff is worth it. I remember watching it when it came out and it’s nice to revisit that feeling.

I think they are working on some new things together. I know they have had their ups and downs as a group, but they remain fairly close. Scott Thompson said the others all came to visit him when he was hospitalized. I’m sentimental to a fault so I always like hearing things like that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Been watching "La Brea" on NBC - It is absolutely garbage trash television.

It is also delightful. As Stefon would say, this show has everything - bad CGI wolves and sloths, trunks full of heroin, amateur surgery, a 20-something love triangle and a grown-up love triangle, a huge pit that sucks up dozens of people and cars, yet somehow none of them are destroyed, but also somehow the cars don't work for some reason. The cast is Natalie Zea (Justified, The Detour, The Unicorn) and a bunch of nobodies.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Squid Game is excellent.

OscarMadison and Brooklyn Bridge like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What the hell is this MAGA program The National Desk doing in place of my local CBS news?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved the "Only Murders in the Building" finale. Was worth paying for Disney Plus for 2 months.

maumann likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Came across "Titletown USA" the other night. Expected a real-life "Friday Night Lights," which it was with a few *Last Chance U" elements. Until the last episode and the Valdosta High scandal. Talk about dropping the ball ... How is that not a whole episode?

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Steve Martin remains one of the best physical comedians ever. The elevator scene...him in the dog carrier...DYING THE WHOLE TIME.

They'd better be ready to start filming season 2 because I need more.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted