1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about it forever, but I never got around to it somehow. I suspect that changes soon.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When I heard about the show, I started to read the comic, but I just got caught up in other things and only read the first issue. Everything in the trailer was from that issue.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NBC is bringing back Law & Order.

sgreenwell and matt_garth like this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to see someone like Alicia Witt (from Criminal Intent) or even bring back Kathryn Erbe (also CI) as the lead detective and some wet behind the ears young guy as the junior detective. Maybe Torey Kittles as the ADA

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

La Brea, the new NBC sci-fi show, was awful. Even Natalie Zea couldn’t save it.
    Not sure which was worse, the script or the CGI.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fred siegle and Tighthead like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The two best things about the original - shooting a lot of it outside and on location (unlike NYPD Blue, shot in LA), and all of the Broadway actors who would pop in here and there. HM was Paul Sorvino's hat.

upload_2021-9-29_5-24-59.jpeg

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This week's episode of "Only Murders in the Building" was really great. Loving the series ... worth paying for Disney Plus to see it.

OscarMadison, TigerVols and qtlaw like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's not beyond them to screw with their "internal" logic and promotions, but Erbe's character was a captain in SVU a couple years after CI ended. If they stick to the same timeline - 11 years later - then pretty much everyone on the squad in the final episode should either be out of the force or promoted. For example - in the final episode, Van Buren was a LT, and although she had sued the department for harassment / being passed over for promotion, it's hard to imagine she wouldn't have been promoted in the ensuing decade, especially since she was Black and female. I imagine her and Lupo (last seen as a detective, studying for a law degree) are shoe-ins to make cameo appearances, although they used Lupo's storyline for another detective on SVU, even though it doesn't fit at all.

On the DA side... In the final season, I kind of thought they were setting Cutter up to be fired by McCoy at some point, because Rubirosa was obviously a more competent attorney. However, Cutter shows up a couple times as a department / division chief in SVU. Rubirosa also shows up in SVU as working as a federal prosecutor now.

As of season 19(!) of SVU, McCoy is back as DA, after losing his bid for reelection between seasons 12 and 13. (I'm relying on Wikipedia here, because I find SVU too hyperbolic to watch a lot of the time.) So, McCoy would seemingly be a shoe-in for an appearance. Ben Stone would not - McCoy is at the funeral of him in that S19 episode, and he convinces his son to become the new SVU ADA. Also, given how god damn long the various shows have run, there are a slew of characters to bring in for singular episodes if they want - Olivet (private practice), Goran and Logan (quit the force, but seem like PI types), Munch (retired).

Draft saved Draft deleted