1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very stylish and smooth but not a lot “there”. Certainly not like Season 1. I really like Crudup though.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kojak and Barney Miller both took place at the 11th Precinct.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reece Witherspoon (45) is 7 years younger than Jennifer Aniston.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll still watch (because Jennifer Aniston) but sorry to read. First season was pretty good and it could have ended there.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Lil Mike & Funnybone perform Sunday at the grand opening of the First Americans Museum. The two Native rappers now have recurring roles on FX’s “Reservation Dogs.” 013A0958-6262-478A-A0A6-D751A782756D.jpeg

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's like looking at the Best of RIP threads from the last year.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Not much Emmy's talk, unless I'm missing a thread. Mostly a "meh" show to me, but kind of hard to quibble with the big winners - Mare, Ted Lasso, Queen's Gambit. The Crown was probably the only iffy choice, but I don't watch it, so I'm not sure if it's in the "stodgy reputation voting" category yet or if it's legitimately still good.

Agree with The Ringer piece on the ceremony - Most of the bits went about as well as you'd expect on an awards show on CBS. I thought the opening rap was OK, mostly thanks to Lil Dicky and (surprisingly!) Rita Wilson. The non-winner panel with Jason Alexander and others was funny, as was the short Cedric's wives bit. The fly skit and everything else was excruciating, especially since they aired that and then were trying to play people off way too quickly.

Best part of the show - Conan O'Brien, chaos agent. He repeatedly shouted "YES!" during the usually boring speech by the chairman of the television academy, and saluted him the whole time. Now that he's no longer hosting a show and seemingly deep into his "IDGAF" phase, just have him host all award shows.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Terrible presentation. It concentrated too much on the musicians then had an awkward transition to full screen on Screech. Poor fonts made some of the cards hard to read. Asner deserved more than a half second slide.

OscarMadison, Wenders, Dyno and 2 others like this.
  10. zufer

zufer Active Member

[​IMG]

but doesn't rate an RIP mention. :(

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With the exception of a couple of one liners, Cedric was a flop.

12. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Any new basic-cable series I should add to the DVR? I have no streaming services, just expensive TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted