1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's not a big deal, agreed.

The thing that's grating is being told you're spoiling something when clearly there is no spoiling, and nothing, or no one, being spoiled.

-30-

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Started "Scenes from a Marriage" with Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain (two of my favs). Painful to watch; its a grind IMHO.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It got tepid reviews, but I think “Mr. Corman” is quite good. It just takes four episodes to get the motor running. Also, it’s weird to watch Juno Temple with two different accents in two Apple TV shows simultaneously.

garrow likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Live sports and events are one thing, but when it’s a TV show that can be DVR’d and/or streamed later it’s not the same thing and you should both use some manners and the handy-dandy spoiler tags.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.21.10 PM.png

Or you can be rude and lazy if you want to.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Brooklyn Nine-Nine with one of the best series finales I’ve ever seen. Great look back and look ahead.

garrow likes this.
  6. Songbird

The new Lasso was ... oh wait, god for fucking bid on this thread ... cuz people have actual lives! Or would that be cuz people actually have lives?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure I'm late to this but the Apple TV+ doc on 9/11 from inside the President's war room is well done. Heavy, of course, but there was one little moment of levity from President Bush, when he called later in the day to check on his parents.

GWB: Where are you?
    Barbara: Milwaukee.
    GWB: What are you doing in Milwaukee??
    Barbara: You grounded our plane.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved it. Sad the show is over - really the last network comedy I watched regularly. To me, getting to see the Holt tattoo was everything.

Dyno likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Dear Christ, image 9/11 with Trump at the wheel.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You clicked on The TV thread.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The season premiere of The Morning Show was disappointing. I look forward to offering my thoughts on why in a week or so.

Wenders and poindexter like this.
  12. Songbird

Underwhelming. Sponges aren't even wrung this hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted