1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Songbird likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jewish, huh? Last person I would have pegged for being part of the tribe.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s a big tent. Even for profane box to box midfielders.

Regan MacNeil and Wenders like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Checked out the Woodstock '99 doc on HBO last night and still for the life of me can't figure out why anyone liked Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit. Or why the hell Jewel was there.

BitterYoungMatador2 and garrow like this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Or Korn.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

New Lasso episode was interesting and not bad, good edge in the closing minute to move the storyline forward.

Also, Roy Kent is turning into everybody's new manly heartthrob.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

i'm a sucker for heist movies (The Sting, Heist, The Score) and shows (Thief, Hustle) but I have a soft spot for Leverage having done some background work for them when they shot in Portland - the people and crew were pretty cool. And some days the catering was insanely good. So yes, I like Leverage Redemption.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Man, for a solid decade, it seemed like USA, TNT and TBS just feasted off that "blue skies" programming as it was called. Burn Notice, Leverage, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Franklin & Bash... Pretty much nothing that would win an award, but really watchable and a baseline of quality.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FX used to be great as well. Saw a promo with the opening scene of the first ep of Justified and I watched it all the way through. USA would stack their originals in the summer and winter periods when the networks would be doing reruns. Cable channels would throw money at original programming to ensure that their networks would remain relevant and not get buried. TNT, SyFy, BBCAmerica, A&E shoot even ESPN had Playmakers. Not sure those channels have five original scripted shows between them anymore.

OscarMadison and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of those, I only ever watched Burn Notice, but it is one of my all-time favorite shows. Often hilarious and had some before-they-were stars like Michael B. Jordan.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

FX was where I saw most of the mob movies I've come to love: The Usual Suspects, Suicide Kings, and a few others I can't name right now.

In other news, I just finished the first season of Clarkson's Farm and reviewed it on my vanity site. Very happy there will be a season two.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Harris agrees.

Draft saved Draft deleted