1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    The first three MASH years (Trapper/Henry/a Radar who wasn't a wimp) are still great.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Barry!

Severian and Tighthead like this.
  3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Barry is an excellent next show.

Webster likes this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Barry is awesome, but if you're looking for a match of the tone of Kim's Convenience, uh... Not so much, haha. Not sure if that's what you were after, though!

Tighthead likes this.
  6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I always think it's good to switch genres and keep the palate fresh.

I watched too many of those BBC noir cop procedurals in short order. Some brooding DS with a tragic past moping around a scenic small town with a ridiculous murder rate.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you want comedy and haven't yet watched, go for Letterkenny.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just watched High on the Hog on Netflix, about the influence of slavery and African-American culture on American cuisine. Gorgeously shot and extremely earnest.

Tighthead likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

don't think I can make it with "White Lotus"; the manager is very watchable but the three main story lines are not, there's not any good resolution for either and the journeys for either are not interesting either.

Just got into "For All Mankind", now that's very interesting.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Have always been a Joshua Jackson fan. I always thought he was the best actor among a great, young "Dawson's Creek" cast way back when, and I really liked him in "The Mighty Ducks," too.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Physical has become muddled but in this last episode they had a moody montage to this song that I don't think I had heard since the early '80s. I can't get it out of my head now.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Back in the early 90s a reporter and I were sent to a topless bar to do a story. As we walked in he turned to me and asked “how long til we hear ‘Kiss You All Over’?”

Third song.

Draft saved Draft deleted