1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Get thee behind me.

Laura Petrie should have been a suburban style icon. Speaking of female characters, Liz Lemon shares creative DNA with Sally Rogers.

As far as I'm concerned The Dick Van Dyke Show is up there with both of Bob Newhart's series.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Season 3 trailer for Mr. InBetween, on the off chance anyone watches it. I thought the season 2 finale would have been perfect as a bleak series finale.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just finished the final episode of the first season of Invincible on Amazon Prime. I read the comic, so I had a general idea of where it was going, but they really did change enough to keep it fresh. It is still brutal, but with a bit more insight into what Omni-Man is thinking. I strongly recommend for anyone into superhero stories with a bit more maturity. Just be ready for some serious, over-the-top violence.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Even moreso than The Boys?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, not more than The Boys. Both are brutal in their own way.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I just loved everything about this interview, starting with the fact it even exists. The history of the show, his history, insights on his writing style, the humor throughout, all of it. And it led me to ordering a few of his books.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN's history of late night was pretty good. Never knew about the Jack Paar controversy when he walked off the show mid-episode.

W. Kamau Bell's United Shades of America was educational and worthy of watching but was a bit too breathy.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The lead actress on that always reminds me of Leslie Ann Warren.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

E D W...

Love the show, I often run it in the background when I am doing home projects. Painted my living room to it. Thought one scene was interesting, when Rob said that Stacy was a somnambulist, right away Laura knew what it was. Struck me that they were showing that she was intelligent. Once you get past the era...which is always going to be a thing with older shows...it is excellent tv.

Does your screen name have anything to do with Mary?

Also I really, really want my granddaughter (12)to watch Mary Tyler Moore.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When I signed up, I wanted to use Lou Grant. That was taken so I went MTM.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted