1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I think Zero Zero Zero on Amazon is from some of the same people.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure how I ended up down Annette Funicello's rabbit hole ... but does America have a "grapefruit spoon" anymore?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We have several in our silverware drawer. Serrated edge on the front edge of the spoon makes it easier to free the fruit from the rind. Most people run a paring knife around the edge of the segments to make getting it out easier. The spoon helps complete the job if it has not been fully cut free, as it seldom is.

I'm on lipitor for cholesterol and not supposed to eat it anymore. Sigh.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They've already started production on season 2, so I am hopeful we will have more Ted Lasso by the end of this year.

Oggiedoggie likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Invincible is good and crazy.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Her uncle is Richard Deacon, character actor and mainstay on the Dick Van Dyke Show.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Actually, she's been quoted as saying that he treated her extremely well, and that they are friends to this day... but yeah.

Hollywood.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I had read that Season 2 is scheduled to premiere this summer. I know they were shooting in England because there are all of these stories of a post-breakup Jason Sudekis and Olivia Wilde having to live together in a COVID bubble in order to both see their kids.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if its on Peacock, but anyone else ever watch the one (season) and done "Mr. Sterling" on NBC about a non-affiliated Senator who become the swing vote in a "tied" Senate? It was pretty good.

Also great - "Awake" with Jason Isaacs, as a man who experiences alternative lives after a tragic car crash - in one his wife dies, in the other one, his son dies. Only 10 or 13 episodes but really well-done.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  10. Songbird

Heard this was an awesome show.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@Songbird i’ve just finished Wiseguy. I’m not sure a show has gone from great to awful as quick as this show, yet I had to watch til the end.

12. Songbird

1-3 to 4? Yeah complete 180. The show lost its heart when Wahl left. You could see it in McPike's demeanor i.e. the actor just wasn't in it like he was seasons 1-3.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted