1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just started it last night (only got in about 10 mins though); Swedish is not the easiest on the ears.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Watched all 10 episodes of Kevin James' The Crew on Netflix. It's what you would expect, King of Queens does NASCAR, but there are a few laughs each episode.

It is a bit off putting through because there is a laugh track, which are unusual on Netflix series.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

What a great book. Unfortunately I don't have a HBO right now

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My wife has started watching "Firefly Lane," which is kind of like the other Netflix meandering drama trash like "Sweet Magnolias" and "Virgin River," but its elevated because it actually has two decent actors (Sarah Chalke and Katherine Heigl) instead of just one or none. There is also a "takes place in three timelines" thing going on that helps to add some intrigue. Not really my cup of tea, ultimately, but better than it needs to be.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I LOVE Swedish. I’ve been learning it the last few years.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge you your enjoyment, glad to hear that; but its very close to German (I think) and I took Deutsch for several years and I gladly prefer French.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It’s in the German/English realm. My parents are Dutch - a language that allows you to clear your throat while talking - so my perspective is a little skewed. ;)

qtlaw likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Continue to enjoy.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally getting to the latest season of The Crown - that montage about halfway through the first episode was outstanding - and brilliant filmmaking. Even a dummy like me could figure out the subliminal messaging.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Frasier returning for Paramount+. But in the coverage I saw, there was no announcement about his old co-stars returning. Can you have Frasier without Niles? Or Niles without Daphne? Or Roz?

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's not like they're all booked up. I get the strategy for these streamers though - watch the new ones and then watch the old ones again. Frasier always struck me as a "one-joke" premise though. We get it, they're snobs.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

No Niles, no reboot.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted