1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Has the second season of Picard started yet? I haven't seen it.

Discovery is getting better as it goes along. Season 2 was better than season 1, and Season 3 is much better than both previous seasons. I'm actually enjoying it and want to watch, instead of doing it just because I happen to be a Trek fan.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure if they've started production on the next season of Picard. I don't think it's coming until 2022, but I'm not sure.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

AP Bio is some stupid ass bullshit but I'm not going to stop watching.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Steven Bauer had a big role in "Scarface." The brother or boyfriend of Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, I forget which.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Don’t have Showtime, had never seen Billions. But first first three seasons are now on Prime.

I’m two episodes in and totally hooked.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's a great show. You will learn to hate both Axe and his 1% crew, and Chuck Rhodes and his power-hungry political ambitions. And Axe's wife might be one of top-5 unlikable TV characters of our generation.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I hate everyone so far. Which makes the writing so good because I love it.

Tighthead likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that from the San Francisco one. Puck, the cartoonist, the chick who married the GOP, the late, great Pedro. That would be interesting.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Somewhere, there’s a commentary on the decline of western civilization intertwined with how TRW went from normal 20-somethings dealing with life’s issues to “let’s put a bunch of hotties in a mansion and let them party and fight nonstop.”

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The cast of that show up, down and sideways is top notch. You can watch it just for the food being eaten, the cameos, the various verbal takedowns. All I needed was to see Paul Giamatti do Paul Giamatti things.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm pretty hyped for this .... looks like they might do the book justice.

Dyno likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted