1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Scraping the bottom of the streaming services ... watched some of the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts on Amazon Prime, which are so bad they're funny. One is a Joe Namath roast from 1979, which includes Dick Butkus and George Blanda and their complete lack of comic timing. The rest of the dais is filled with randoms from Orson Welles to Angie Dickinson to Jimmie Walker. Dean Martin introduces all of them as "my good friend" and then sits down to resume his drinking and smoking.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The most compelling plot lines of season one were largely wrapped up, so I think it will be different show in some sense.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are 5 episodes into The Flight Attendant. You can fly a plane through some of the plot holes so far, but I am enjoying it.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Not familiar with the comic but gave Resident Alien a shot after seeing a good review for it. I'll stick with it and see where it's going.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wiseguy went film noir for this flashback episode and though perhaps a bit campy it was full of heart and well done.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have just watched the first two episodes of season 1, I’m hooked.

I didn’t realize it was filmed in Vancouver. We drink at the dive bar shown in episode 2.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just getting into season 3 of Yellowstone. Wondered how they would come back from the second season - and Taylor Sheridan has set the right tone in dialing things back. Makes me realize that the narrative isn't what makes me love the show - but just spending time with the characters is the real treat. From Costner and the grandson to the bunkhouse all the characters really resonate. And Taylor Sheridan's writing is so dead on - reminds me a lot of Thomas McGuane

"We're f-kin' in the dirt aren't we?"
    "Mmmm, maybe in a little bit. First we're gonna dance."

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize it was a comic, but the trailer looked interesting and Tudyk is great. I missed the premiere, but I set the DVR to catch a re-run of it later in the week, so I'll be giving it a shot.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tudyk is one of those actors - like Andy Serkis - more than worthy of super-stardom from the work he's done, but remains kind of anonymous.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Watching Peaky Blinders, again. The Sopranos was a sitcom compared to this.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Disney paid this guy to make pig noises in Moana. He's great. It's still...You get Alan Tudyk and you just have him make pig noises?

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If they're going by the book series, then the currently planned 8 seasons will each focus on a different Bridgerton sibling.

Draft saved Draft deleted