1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's fine for a network sitcom. I'd like to see the Holly Hunter and Bobby Moynihan characters a little less ridiculous, but it worth 22 minutes each week.

I liked Kyra Sedgewick's new show, Call Your Mother. It's a typical ABC comedy, but it made me laugh.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten some enjoyment recently watching Mecum Auto Actions; corvettes going for $150k, love looking at the beautiful Mustangs and other muscle cars of my youth. Anyone else watching?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching Undercover on Amazon Prime with Sophie Okonedo and Adrian Lester and Dennis Haysbert. Throw in that it was written by Peter Moffatt and it lives up to the expectation. Solid and only a six-hour miniseries if you are looking for a "spacer" between deep dive binges.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Parks and Rec deserves your attention again.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know, I know. Just trying to make the point of making rash judgements on shows. If I didn't go back to The Wire (twice!) I never would have gotten hooked.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Season 1 of Wiseguy was so good for so many reasons.

But it seems like they shot their wad because the first 4 episodes of Season 2 have sucked. Zero heart and soul. Cliche and contrived and uninspired.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Ted Danson playing Michael on The Good Place really resonated with me. I would struggle with this role because he seems to be playing the same character. Unless the series gets better in subsequent seasons, this is a pass for me.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Danson is great, we are re-watching "Cheers" at dinnertime if there isn't a game on. The two episodes the first night were awful. What is endearing about a smart-ass teenager? I didn't go back.

9. Songbird

Maybe those first 4-5 episodes of season 2 were sorbet to cleanse the palate.

New arc starts with Jerry Lewis in the rag trade. This kind of character suits him well.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As a matter of marital accommodation, we are watching Bridgerton. Perfectly sufficient pulp eye candy with a decent cast

Wenders likes this.
  11. Songbird

This is a first-ballot Hall of Fame "hold my beer" ...

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I am very much enjoying Bridgerton. It's based on a romance series by Julia Quinn. Also, Julie Andrews is great as the narrator/omnipresent Gossip Girl.

I can see why it may not hold the same appeal for the demographics at this particular site though.

It is the first series that is part of the Netflix deal with Shonda Rhimes to air, I believe.

garrow and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted