1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think I posted earlier but I didn't realize until late in the series that Twyla was also a Levy.
    Yeah, great show. I miss it.

The finale is on Comedy Central tomorrow night

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm midway through Season 3 and savoring every minute of it. Wild to think Chris Elliott got his start on Letterman back when I was watching in the early 80's.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ted Danson ought to be embarrassed to have his name associated with Mr. Mayor.
    Lord this show sucks. Three strikes, it is out.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I truly loved about Schitt's Creek is how much of the cast were family and close friends going way back. I'm hoping they'll all be able to cash in now because I can't imagine any of them were making a ton of bread. I also have to think there will be a "reunion" a few years down the road - maybe four to six episodes.

Wenders and Splendid Splinter like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I admit after I saw the first 2-3 episodes I didn’t like the family, abrasive, obnoxious, self absorbed, then I saw them meld in somewhat and saw why they had to be that way for the storyline.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Oh, 100%. That's what I told my girlfriend after the show ended. Then went to grab a box of tissues for her.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, oddly, the wife and I had the opposite reaction. I don't think it's going to make anyone forget The Good Place or 30 Rock, but it comes across as a mixing of those two shows, given Danson and Tina Fey's involvement. I also think comedy is the hardest thing to be good right off the bat - see Schitt's Creek, The Office, Parks & Rec - so I like that it seems to have a good footing already.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's the worst that could happen?

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Had heard about this show, saw Sepinwall comment about it once or twice. Then saw these posts and decided to give it a shot and HOLY SHIT (feel like I have to swear when mentioned this show) so glad I did. Halfway through first season and loving it.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W and the 12 year old son really like Mr. Mayor. Me not so much.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's had two episodes. I wrote off Parks and Rec after two episodes and never went back. Though I do admit - a sitcom about a clueless businessman trying to impress his daughter by running for office might be a little too on the nose right about now.

Wenders likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I watched the pilot and since I dig Danson it was a bit more than decent. I'll give it a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted