1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I watched all six seasons and both movies. Who asked for this? Especially since Kim Cattrall isn't coming back.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm assuming HBO wrote a really big check, since they just need content of all kinds to fill up the coffers for their new service.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll stick with it. Figure that church will get bigger play as the season goes on as well. I'm also something will come up with Ryan Phillipe's character that spins out into a bigger part - this might be one of the shows where they spend a lot of time spooling out a lot of backstory as it goes along, rather than a "case of the week." Again - like the dynamic between the two female leads, has potential.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I guess reboots of Star Wars and comic books isn't enough so lacking any other originality, why not try this. It was different when it started (I've been married 25 yrs, so what 20 years ago?)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Finished the first season of Wiseguy ... one of the best TV experiences I've ever enjoyed. Never would have expected it.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’ve watched two filthy episodes of Harley Quinn on HBOMAX, and it’s awesome.

I fucking love Bain.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Harley Quinn was the first thing I watched when I got HBO Max. I'd seen a bunch of clips on YouTube and it just looked fantastic. The show didn't disappoint once I actually got to watch it. The writing is brutal and funny and the voice cast is great, especially the supporting roles. I didn't really know about James Adomian, who does the voice for Bane, but there are plenty of other recognizable names. Kaley Cuoco is good as Harley, as is Lake Bell as Poison Ivy. Alan Tudyk is the real scene-stealer as both Joker and Clayface. I didn't even mind Wanda Sykes as the Queen of Fables, and she usually annoys the crap out of me.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Listening to the Ringer's top shows of 2020 and they were raving about Industry on HBO Max so I gave the premiere a shot last night. I'll be back. Good show.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Rediscovered "Cobra Kai" and am halfway through S3. I watched the return to Okinawa episode last night and it was really well done. A lot of the dialog is cringeworthy, but all in all, I like this show. Pretty good plot twists.

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Just finished Schitt’s Creek. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Amazing characters. Hilarious. And I know most of them are close, but the chemistry was unreal.

TigerVols and Wenders like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted