1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Perhaps you and jr/shotglass can throw on some pajamas and have weekly watch parties.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't let "Once Upon a Time" slip past you on that list. My girlfriend is the girly-est of all girly-girls and that's her favorite show.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But does jr/shotglass watch it? He's our resident expert on Shonda Rhimes shows.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I had to watch an episode of Grey's from this season, and it was horrid. I don't know how people sit through that on a weekly basis.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you like zany Britcoms, Absolutely Fabulous is worth a run.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Yes, that would be a hoot.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Interesting you don't like Deadwood, but are big on Justified. Justified is practically grief therapy for Deadwood fans mourning the show's early demise.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'd rather watch that than Scandal.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mission:Impossible seasons 2-5. Great TV.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Evil is the first person I've ever heard say they didn't like Deadwood. And I have heard much of the same about Justified, that any Deadwood fan would like it and any Justified fan would love Deadwood.

I think I probably will start with Deadwood because it's so much shorter than The Mary Tyler Moore Show or Six Feet Under.

I may have been talked into watching Breaking Bad before any of those, though.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I didn't think the Wire was bad, but damn was it depressing. I stopped during season 1. That's not entertainment to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted