1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Amazon canceled Utopia after 1 season. I thought it was decidedly meh.

I am enjoying Ghosts on HBO Max. Typical BBC production of 6-episode seasons, but there will be a season 3.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Been on a binge with Schitt's Creek. Merry Christmas Johnny Rose (last episode of season 4) was really good. My favorite so far.

Wenders, Deskgrunt50 and sgreenwell like this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Hillbilly Elegy," on Netflix. Thank me later.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does NBC have any comedies left?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The writing seemed on the wall once America (Ferrera) left the show this year. That's currently the leader of the "Left the TV On After the News, Pleasant Enough to Keep On to Watch Show" category in our house.

Dan, I don't think they do. The usual TV development pipeline is probably "off" this year because of the pandemic, and this pretty awful looking show lasted literally less than a month on the air. Brooklyn 99 might come back at some point, but who knows in what state? Even before the pandemic, Must See TV has had an absolutely brutal record in recent years. They've had some decent actors on those shows, but usually stupid premises.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

Love Brooklyn 99, but yeah. And they have the Kenan show warming up, and a Ted Danson as a mayor sitcom and a comedy about Young Dwayne Johnson. But that's all they got in the pipeline. The Voice is a serious innings eater. Their game shows too.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

There aren't many sitcoms on major networks period. CBS has The Neighborhood and Bob Hearts Abishola on Monday and Young Sheldon, B Positive, Mom and The Unicorn (which is more a dramedy) on Thursday and ABC has it's block of Goldebergs, American Housewife, The Connors and Black-ish on Wednesday. Am I missing any? Does Fox have any non-animated comedies?

10. DanOregon

Say this for the current season of Fargo, and I like it, because like all Coen Bros. films you are never sure which way the plot will turn - it has Tim Olyphant playing a US Marshal. His hat's a little like Raylan Givens as well.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I saw the promo for the Young Rock show during the Thanksgiving Parade and have officially determined that Hollywood is out of ideas.

12. DanOregon

I'd love to pitch a show about a former beloved TV Dad who has since been shunned for sex and drug adventures revealed on an old cell phone clip and see how he - or if he - can make it back from Cancel Culture.
    Seriously, this could be great. He hangs out at the country club (always gets crummy tee times), meets up with other cancel-ees and seeks their advice (Bill O'Reilly, Matt Lauer even an OJ cameo! on how to "make it back."

"Shit man, everyone was doing that stuff! - It was the '90s!"
    "Said no one - ever."
    "Well, it was TV. Heck - It's not like I'm the only one who hooked up with a co-star."
    "Yeah - but she was playing your DAUGHTER!!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted