1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

absolutely .
    The Crown doesn’t do anyone any favors, it portrays everyone with warts and all. But Margaret Thatcher comes off as an asshole-extraordinaire.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They did a great job with Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher. (Also, side note: she's been in a relationship for the past few years with Peter Morgan, who is the creator and writer of The Crown.)

garrow likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are so many Brits, Irish and Australian actors that play Americans it’s fun to see an American play play one of them.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fargo might be trying too hard this season.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I quit watching after about three episodes. It's shot with such poor lighting it's impossible to see many of the scenes and there is just not enough action or storyline.

Fargo peaked in Season 1 (the best) and Season 2. All downhill from there.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My wife started watching Life In Pieces on Prime this weekend. I have to say, it has at least one or two “pause it because we are laughing” moments per episode.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Fargo's season two is probably my favorite season of TV ever.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the first episode of Big Sky. Could be a good one.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Very funny show. Solid cast. And when the nerdy kid's mom meets his girlfriend.....

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Fargo: I'm halfway through S3. S1 was startling with 3-4 people getting killed in the first 30 minutes. Billy Bob irritates me as a viewer. S2 was pretty intense, holy shit, the Culkin brother in E1 and recognizable stars Danson, Wilson, Dunst, Plemons, Smart. S3 seems to be losing steam. Thewlis is too hard to understand, not just his diction but what he is actually trying to say. I'm split on the fact they might take 5-6 episodes to explain something that might have happened in E2; good writing but damn, if I can't figure out something, I forget it and move on. I'm sure I'll finish the series.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That happened quite a bit in Ted Lasso with Brits who were obviously from the Alabama region of London.

Had to rewind many times to try to understand and still barely did.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I somehow had never watched an episode of Bob's Burgers before, so I started from the beginning on Hulu and holy shit is that humor right up my alley.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted