1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Need some time to process, but... I kind of dug the whole show. Everything just felt way more genuine because they were streaming from their house, or a cast party, and so on. Without an audience to play to, everything was way more focused.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That's an interesting observation, and a correct one. You're right in that things were more raw and perhaps more real because of that. In the case of Perry's post-award thanks/speech opp, though, I found myself wishing that he'd had a full-house, dressed-to-the-nines, in-person audience, and millions more listeners on TV. And I think something may have been lost in all the video-streaming for a lot of viewers -- that many may have turned off, or tuned out due to the virtual format. I'll be curious to see the ratings numbers for the show.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fargo starts this Sunday night.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Boys season 2 is better than the first. Twisted shit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is true, and the show still isn't nearly as fucked up as the source material.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I guessed the big reveal several weeks ago, but that doesn’t make Aya Cash any less amazing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We just finished season one. It is def twisted. And sobering.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think Friday may have been a bigger reveal about where she “grew up.”

Friday’s episode might have been the best. I’m loving the Lamplighter story and everything to do with where he was.

Deep and A-Train? I could give a shit.

And to think that Homelander might not be the most twisted person on the show? Might not. Still debatable.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Damn Covid. My kid asked me which streaming series I've finished. I said some of them had a notification at the end of the final episode that another season has been approved and will be coming soon. I went down the list and there might be 8 or 9 that have left me hanging. The most recent was Ozark. Others I'm waiting on: Billions, Succession, Bosch, Cobra Kai, Outer Bank, Lucifer, Better Call Saul. There might be a couple others. I didn't think I'd care for Schitt's Creek because of the stupid factor. But there are some funny parts so I'm watching that.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Schitt's Creek definitely improves as it goes along. The kind of rare show that really finds its legs.

Wenders likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A 10-second gag out of left field in the middle of a scene on Rockford is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Schitt's Creek ages like fine wine. The characters experience great growth over the seasons and you think they're gonna be just these stupid spoiled rich people, but by the end, they have really matured and grown into their own. I think my favorite character ending was Alexis.

Mngwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted