1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I’m almost finished with season 1 of Ozark. I’ve really only stuck with it because of the great things I’ve heard about season 3.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I stopped in the middle of season two of Ozark and just haven't felt like taking it back up.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I loved Ozark, especially Season 3. Push through 2, its worth it.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Re-watching Black Sails, the pirate series in STARZ. It’s the prequel to Treasure Island. Going to read RL Stevenson’s Treasure Island next. Love this series, the acting and writing are exemplary. British cast. Many of the characters are actual real life people. Ann Bonny, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Edward “Blackbeard” Teach, Ben Hornigold, Woodes Rogers. It’s got everything: Adult Themes, violence, nudity, sex, politcics,

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Season 1 was good because they based the arc on Johnny's backstory. Yes it was campy at times but the "good" won the day by far.

Season 2 was terrible.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It hasn't been normal TV, but I thought this might be a good place for this: The television programming today concerning the anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks has been nothing short of mesmerizing. Still. 19 years later. Anyone else experience any of it that way today?

The History Channel, in particular, is has been loaded with virtually can't-look-away material. Just got done with "9/11: The Pentagon." And right now, there's a documentary on regarding what went on inside Air Force One over the course of the day. Horrible, fascinating, and even exhilarating, too, in terms of the unified emotions of the time.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Don’t know about terrible, but season 1 was definitely much better. The jarring part to me was the super dark turn in the last episode. Changed the mood of the whole thing.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We have been watching Five Bedrooms on Peacock. Aussie show about 5 singles who buy a house together. Nothing too deep but a pleasant enough watch.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just caught the first episode of Raised By Wolves on HBOMax, Ridley Scott directed sci-fi show. Episode really took off in the final 20 minutes. Will continue on.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

First few episodes of Lovecraft County. Didn’t know a thing about it going in. Got hooked at the end of the first episode. Really enjoying it so far. Great cast.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I am intrigued! Any shows you can compare it to? I'm always looking for something lighter that can be watched with the wife. (Past examples of shows she's liked - Friends, Happy Endings, How I Met Your Mother, Santa Clarita Diet, The Good Place, etc.)

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s more age diverse than Friends and more dramatic than most of these show, although only slightly (No laugh track and 45 minute episodes). Probably a little like Happy Endings.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted