1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Greatest theme/opening ever.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone else keep a list of shows they watch so they can keep track of which seasons they've watched and remind themselves that "yes, they like that show." Between the irregular airing of seasons on the streamers - some go 10 mos. between seasons, others a year and a half - it can be kind of tough. I actually like it when a show gets cancelled so I can cross it off my list. But I'm pretty much strictly a binger now - very few shows I watch week to week since I tend to watch shows that build off of previous episodes.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finished “The Morning Show”; well done
    Loved the power plays, the diversity of characters. Yeah I can see why Carrell got an Emmy nomination because his lines were so cringeworthy yet he pulled them off and made me think he really is thinking that. Aniston is a pro and Crudup is hilarious.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

When I was a single man, I kept a spreadsheet with about 40 shows on it. I watched a lot of quasi-trash reality shows, like Hotel Impossible and Kitchen Nightmares, and they would always have weird restart times or the new season would debut with no fanfare. Nowadays, even in quarantine times we watch like an hour or two of TV at night at most, so there's no point in keeping a huge list maintained.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First time I'm hearing about #Ratched ...

Cuckoo's Nest is one of the best movies ever made. I'm curious.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The best thing about Last Chance U this season is the coach.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sadly I'm so disjointed about this that I spend so much time trying to figure out what to watch that I end up with the old reliables, Seinfeld/Office/Veep/Curb/Larry Sanders shows, and forget to branch out or to remember the cool new ones out there.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Axe has a new post-coronavirus "readjusting" commercial that is very funny.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just finished the first season of Upload on Amazon Prime. It was created by Mike Daniels, apparently from an idea he has had since he was writing for Saturday Night Live in the 1980s. The basic idea is that human beings who are about to die can have their minds uploaded into a sort of virtual afterlife, but how much money you have helps determine what kind of afterlife you can afford. The tone is all over the place, ranging from slapstick humor to dark satire of modern society. I liked the first season and I certainly hope there is a second given where they left off.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If you haven't picked up Umbrella Academy, I highly suggest you do so. Season 2 is very well done.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It really is. We have two eps left. I loved Season 1. This one is even better.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm still surprised the lead singer of My Chemical Romance made a decent show.

Draft saved Draft deleted