1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We already have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+. We're not adding any more.

I had time to at least start Discovery while we had the free trial of CBS All-Access, but I didn't feel like rushing through it when I knew I wasn't keeping the service. It's bad enough I have to bail on The Orville.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That Horace and Pete finale. FUCK ME.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Shows I binge-watched last week:

"Trailer Park Boys." Pretty funny but it starts jumping the shark in season 5 or so.

"Bad Blood." Kim Coates is great.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching "The Politician" on Netflix - reminds me more of Scream Queens than anything else. Some of Murphy's stuff really finds a way to say something within the fluff - this one really doesn't.

Fantastic theme though - Surfjan Stevens "Chicago"

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  5. outofplace

I learned to appreciate Coates when he was on Sons of Anarchy. I always thought the idea with his character was to have Tig make the most outlandish choice possible at every turn and he sold it.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience

Watched it on Amazon Prime. Documentary on the extraordinary guitar player done by his daughter. Chicago is my favorite band and this was a very enlightening documentary. Man, Caribou Ranch must have been a fantastic place.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It was very well done. She even got Peter Cetera to participate!

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is a "Chicago" segment in the David Foster doc on Netflix - basically Foster admitted he was a jerk excluding horns and working pretty much exclusively with Cetera - though he adds that the current line-up still tours on the backs of 16, 17, and 18.

9. outofplace

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There was a comedian once told Cetera to fuck off for ruining one of his favorite bands.

Can’t remember who said it.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

It wasn't me, but I wish it was. Meanwhile, his brother (at least a couple of years ago) was touring as the front for a Chicago cover band. I think they called themselves The Chicago Experience. His name is Kenny Cetera.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I continue to think that CBS really has blown it by not having Star Trek: Picard on regular mainstream TV. There is a hungry audience for it, and it would've been a legitimate hit -- far more so than has occurred via streaming. I know streaming is growing more common and accepted, but to me, it still seems akin to newspapers putting their best work, that everyone should and would be interested in, behind pay walls. And we know how that has worked out. It just seems dumb, and like bad business.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Spartan Squad and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted