1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe they can hold a Winter Classic performance of King Lear.

Niagara on the Lake has to be hurting badly, too.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

NOTL is hurting and Toronto as well. And these jobs may not be back for a while. I don't see people wanting to crowd into theatres for some time yet.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finished off Killing Eve. I've watched previous seasons on HULU, this season was via AMC - not sure it was the longer commercial breaks (even ffd), but it seemed choppier. Seemed like they had three or four ideas for the season, but had difficulty stringing them together and giving everyone something to do. It also seems that each season's head writer has differing ideas about what MAKES the show - hard to make the relationship between the two leads the core of a show when they only appear in a handful of scenes together in a season. Also appears they need to add in some more supporting players - not just to replace the departed (RIP XXXXX - no spoilers) but to give Eve and Villnelle some new relationships to bounce off of.

4. DanOregon

Belgravia on Epix is worth a watch if you need a Downton Abbey fix - written and produced by the same folks. Set a good 50 years before. Very sudsy and you know where it's going after the first episode, but it's a quick watch only six eps.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Might have said this before but What We Do in the Shadows is fantastic. That is all.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

War of the Worlds on Epix was fun.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Been watching Scrubs with our kids as our latest pandemic binge. It’s one of my favorite shows and it is unreal that John C. McGinley was never even nominated, much less won an Emmy as Dr. Cox.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It’s been a comfort-food binge for me lately. Haven’t seen it since original run. Just enjoyable bites of good writing and acting. And agree on John C. McGinley. Woefully underrated.

Also... and so’s your face!

Webster likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hannibal

I’ve never watched anything like it.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

I watched the show when it was on. It blew my mind how dark and depraved it was. One of the best cliffhanger finales of all time.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted