1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This is better than the Dylan documentary, which was enjoyable too. This focuses completely on the musicians, etc., of the era.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

George Brett’s .390 season would be a 1000x more interesting than Armstrong.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It just turned into another milquetoast love triangle story at the end. I agree. So much fun in the first few episodes. So meh at the end. Surprising considering Phoebe Waller-Bridge's involvement.

Webster likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Agree with micro that it jumped the shark. I did enjoy the Villanelle bottle episode set in Russia, but that's about it this year.

Webster likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have heard really good things about "The Great" on Hulu but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Too busy watching riots at night, unfortunately.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Watched the first season of Search Party thanks to HBO Max (!!) and enjoyed it. Of course, it's the only thing on HBO Max I've seen worth watching so far (mainly because I have HBO and have watched all the series I'm interested in).

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I rarely give up on shows, but I’m not sure I’m in for season 4. The thing which Bear remembered was just ridiculous as was the tracing of the credit card from the cake in the prior episode.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Southland was so sporadically on, but my god, that was the best cop show I've ever seen. Complex characters and storylines you didn't expect. Gone way too soon. Plus it had Peter Coyote!

EDIT: Well, shit, I just looked at imdb, and it doesn't list Coyote as being in Southland. I could have sworn he was in it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Coyote was the DA on Law and Order LA, which also featured Corey Stoll. One of the those shows whose cancellation allowed the actors to find much better work.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ahh, that’s it. Did he get shot in the final episode?

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

When was this? When I binge things start to blur.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

It was resolved that season. She was pissed that Bosch didn't back up her cover story that the suspect shot her.

Bosch was never accused of firing his weapon.

ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted