1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A practical question for you - How'd you watch it? Our cable package is limited, so we checked out the first five seasons on Netflix, and binged over the course of two weeks. We're eager to check out season six now, but our only option so far seems to be paying $2.99 per episode.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

About four episodes into Mindhunter - really slow, but really interesting and well done.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Dish has the POP channel, so we watched them first run.

What a fantastic, likeable show.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We just started watching it last Sunday and we're already deep into season 3. It's just a great, sweet time-killer.

Wenders likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I thought I'd have to pay, but when I went to Pop TV online and clicked on the show, it came up free as some sort of extension to my cable subscription. But the channel isn't available on my cable. I don't know, but it worked.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally dipping in to Yellowstone - and I agree with the assessment that it doesn't quite gel - the characters and plots, but it is very watchable. I've enjoyed Costner in his mostly supporting work of late, he does a good job playing world-weary. Seeing him with a longer leash of a 10-ep series (now going on its third season) is interesting - and I'm a huge Taylor Sheridan fan. The guy writes "through" the Western genre - a lot of post-Leone/Ford Westerns are so self-conscious of the familiar motifs - Sheridan focuses on the motivations of the people who don't "know" they are in a Western, rather - they react the way humans would in the only world they've ever known. Sheridan's also not shy about reminding people how poor rural folks often are with limited prospects unless they move away.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Been watching "All-American" on Netflix. I recognized one of the character's father, but couldn't place him. Checked it out and it's Casper Van Dien, Johnny Rico on Starship Troopers. His ex-wife appears in season 2 and it's Dina Merrill, his sort-of girlfriend Diz, also from Starship Troopers. Great casting.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's been a year since anyone mentioned this show. I've been watching it and loving it. It's so funny and the characters all play off each other well. Season four on now.

poindexter likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder how much longer until there really is no new scripted content. Agents of SHIELD is back for its final season starting Wednesday. I haven't watched in years, but I might simply because it is new content and they had the entire season filmed before the lockdown began.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Anything that wasn't already in the hopper for the summer might be SOL, but honestly, we'll probably have new shows sooner than later. LA County won't reopen immediately, but other filming places in California should be restarting. And places outside of California might be more lax, Georgia and Texas for example. We'll probably see them do it like they're doing sports: Actors will be regularly tested; no studio audience; few if any extras.

EDIT: Forgot to post my link to Newsom talking about restarting filming

CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Says Film & TV Production Could Restart Next Week – Deadline

Draft saved Draft deleted