1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I watched it the other night. His shows were my childhood. I thought it was a really nice retrospective.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching #blackaf on Netflix. Not for everyone but in my lane.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’ve restarted Waco. Very glad I have.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just started the final season of Homeland (thanks Xfinity Watchathon Week!) - great premise, circling back to the "can a former prisoner be trusted" premise that launched the series.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't think the Seinfeld standup on Netflix was very good. The last 20 minutes on marriage - yawn.

The only funny thing in 80 minutes - "I don't like great restuarants."

6. DanOregon

Seinfeld became a run of the mill comedian when he got married and had kids. Started doing poop jokes and the like. He was a master at noticing the weird stuff in human interactions and behavior that he displayed so well on the sitcom.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting Neflix "documentary" on LSD, mushrooms, etc: Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics.

Part documentary, part mockumentary (a la "Spinal Tap") and part groovy cartoon. Commentary from the wide array of authors, actors and musicians who like to "trip" and the crazy good cartoon animation are worth watching.

And I'll watch anything that has Kathleen Hanna in it! :)

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He is funnier and sharper than he a has displayed in his recent standup. I liked the part about him being up there doing standup despite not having to was an interesting direction but then it got very safe again.

9. DanOregon

The Homeland finale was good - except you have to buy the idea that someone charged with killing the President of the US and several special operators was allowed to galavant around the world after being charged. Not like she's a flight risk or anything.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Finally finished the sixth season of Schitt's Creek. What a darling little show. And the finale was so good.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I just finished it, too. I love David Rose so hard.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Fyi for anyone who has not seen "Extras" with Gervais, his costar Ashley Jensen is in that also.

I loved season 1of "After Life". Especially the hooker and the cemetery scenes.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted