1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

They used fucking beepers...

Sheeiiiiiitttttt.....

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

OK, this may nudge me over the top. I really didn't have much of a desire to revisit it after season 1, but I have all the time in the world, so maybe I'll get back into it.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The acting is amazing and then Garner and her sig other are at another level.

This is better than the Sopranos in its prime.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ozark’s season three fucking delivered. Dark as hell. We finished it up last night.

We just got Disney+ and watched the first Mandalorian episode. I reckon we’ll stick with it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

You will either love yourself or hate yourself for getting invested in The Mandalorian.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The season finale of "The Good Doctor" was excellent.

The idea of a doctor/surgeon who is autistic stretches the bounds of imagination (for me, at least), but damn, this show is good -- one of the few (on network TV, even!) that, every time I watch an episode, and it comes to an end, I invariably wish that it wasn't over.

The acting is good, the relationships between characters have depth and nuance, and the medical cases are interesting and make you care about the victims.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Intriguing. If the shows are all in the 30-minute range, I’ll give it a go. For a while, anyway.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I may have to find it and binge it someday, just because Richard Schiff is part of the cast.

9. outofplace

Why would anybody hate themselves for getting invested in The Mandalorian? Toddler Yoda alone is worth the watch. :)

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I adore me some Toddler Yoda. And you're right, s/he's a toddler, not a baby. His "Bye, bitches!" expression when IG-11 rescued him and his exchange with Carl Weathers in the season finale were two of the best moments in a great series.

Some people have gotten burned out on the little guy. It's probably Star Wars faithful who are also done with Porgs, Ewoks, 'droids, etc. John Boyega had the best last word on Porgs: "You say you think they're cute, but if you walked into the kitchen one morning and saw a porg, you'd be on the phone with pest control."

Boyega and Ridley on Porgs vs. Baby Yoda

11. outofplace

I was never particularly enamored with Porgs in the first place. They were pretty much useless, cutesy things put there to market the movie to children.

Toddler Yoda is adorable, but he's also a bad ass.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I watched the Mandalorian before hearing the first thing about a Baby Yoda. Trust me, that was an amazing moment to see that green head pop up at the end of the first episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted