1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Great show. I love the cinematography and soundtrack. It's a bit refreshing to watching a limited series and finding stuff out almost immediately. No multi-season slogs to reveal a secret we solved in the beginning.

lakefront likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Season 3 of Babylon Berlin is crazy good - it's a cop show, it's a political thriller, it's Cabaret turned inside-out. It helps to read the re-caps and use the dubbed English to follow along - dozens of characters that come and go - the main leads are an aspiring assistant police inspector who moonlights as a sex worker and a WWI veteran hooked on morphine using hypnosis to try and kick it and its all set against the slow rise of the Third Reich with fascists, communists and gangsters all waging war against each other in 1920s Berlin. Though I do recommend checking out the original German (with English subtitles) from time to time just for authenticities sake).

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season but liked it less and less with each subsequent season, to the point of hate-watching the most recent season. Won't be returning to it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ted Knight was Bobby Cremins before Bobby Cremins.

cremins.png

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Almost done with Season 1 of Ozark. Not sure what to think. Bateman's a very good actor and the mood's right. I guess the storyline's somewhat similar to Breaking Bad, which took me a while to get into.

6. Songbird

The "flaming" line though ...

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I must have had a hidden crush for MTM because that's what I ended up with, which is a great thing.

8. Songbird

I never watched it growing up or the reruns. Now in 2020 I'm seeing why she was so adored back then.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bert Convy was all over the single ladies in the 70s. He had a thing with Shirley Partridge as well. His daughter was played by Jodie Foster.

10. Songbird

This was an excellent episode of television especially kitchen moment between her and her father.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m flattered QT, but I’m married

12. Songbird

"Those rotten nips" ?? lol seriously with the "flaming" and the "rotten nips" ... like Trump wrote scripts back then.

Draft saved Draft deleted