1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

On YouTube, you can find a bunch of compilations of TV show opening credits going back to the '60s. It's always fun to see well-known names show up in obscure shows that didn't even get to a second season, and also to be able to tell just from the opening credits that the show was a steaming pile of crap that shouldn't have gotten the green light.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really is amazing seeing the names involved - both in front and behind the camera.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

DEVS- not sure about it after 1.5 episodes. You?

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm four episodes in. It feeds my twin bizarre loves of bad science fiction and the weird interpretations of quantum mechanics floating around out there.
    1.) Nick Offerman is fairly good at playing a greens-munchin' genius weirdo.
    2.) As much as I loved Alison Pill in the Goon movies, I am wondering if it is going to be revealed that she's some sort of android.
    3.) The devs are more interesting than the A-plot.

Blame Scott Bakula (a high 8) and Dean Stockwell (mid-7) for getting me started down this genre rabbit hole.

Right now I'm watching:

Motherland: Fort Salem. It's what would happen if someone forced Orson Scott Card to wear one of those menstrual cramp simulators.

Encore I would rather soul kiss Mitch McConnell than revisit high school. This show is at its best when it focuses on the plays.

Looking forward to:
    Making It It's just so darned nice. I love everything about this show.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We're on the last episode of "Tiger King" - just a bizarre doc, with a ton of interesting and entertaining shit, although no real good people.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I loved the first two or so seasons, but they dumbed down Amy.

Was her screaming "Fuck you, Fred!" at Joseph Fiennes a form of catharsis?

Stuck with it because of Eugene Levy and Catherine OHara. It has its moments.
    Agreed about Black-ish.

A group of us watched Friends and Lovers on the sly when it aired. One of my friend's father worked for an affiliate and had a 3/4" video tape machine. It was forbidden because one of the couples was ::whispers:: living in sin. Funny thing, Soap was okay because the ventriloquist was from Abernathy, TX.

Donal Logue... 8? I'm weird, so anyway, Terriers was brilliant. Would also recommend Grounded For Life. Kevin Corrigan is part of the cast. He and his wife, Elizabeth Berridge, are two of the most underrated actors around. (She did some guest appearances on GFL and was a regular on The John Larroquette Show, which some people have sworn to shiv me for suggesting.)

Thurber stories were a staple at bedtime, plus my father was a struggling artist, so six-year-old me loved that show. The episode where they put the dog to sleep traumatized me and I had a hard time enjoying it after that.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

How many of the cast from Hawaii 5-0 will wind up on Magnum P.I.??

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s the most texted about show in our ⭕️ circle

qtlaw likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally got into Letterkenny this weekend. That Canadian weirdness is right up my alley.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m actually digging Westworld’s theme for this season more than others.

Aaron Paul’s character has been a very nice addition.

Draft saved Draft deleted