1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yup. Same here. I loved it from the start. Haven't even watched this season yet. Still on DVR

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Watched from the beginning. I wholly recommend a rewatch because there are so many things you catch on the second or third time of viewing.

I really enjoyed the finale. Lots of tears were shed. Take it sleazy.

Severian likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been binging on Season Three of Stranger Things this weekend and Netflix is announcing there will be a fourth season.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watching Building Off The Grid on DIY and there was this exchange as they hoisted a 400-pound beam into place.

Husband: OK. It’s in. It’s in.
    Wife: Thank goodness. I was worried you could get it up.
    Husband: Yeah, it was hard there at the end.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of the use of double entendre, I recently started Lucifer on Netflix. I can't exactly say it's good, but it is entertaining so far.

I also took a run at The Good Place, but wasn't loving it. The characters just don't seem likeable at all, which may be the point. For those who have watched it, did the show take a little while to hit its stride?

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A bit. Not as much as Parks and Recreation, but with The Good Place, you should try to stick with it for at least a season.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I intend to. I watched the first three episode. I'm just putting it aside for a bit and coming back later.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

NBC.com allows people to watch the current season of a show (or at least the last few) if they have internet through a cable provider. There is also an app for phones and smart tvs.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The New Pope on HBO has been interesting. This week’s includes a Marilyn Manson cameo and a papal glory hole.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I have re-watched that scene at least three times since I wrapped up the series.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I watched most of that before I realized that she had been on The Walking Dead.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m just not getting the wow factor from Aaron Hernandez.

Draft saved Draft deleted