1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Havent started season 4 yet but glad to hear this. Though if I remember right he’s not even in the book, John Smith has become the most compelling character/story on the tv show

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Caught up on Watchmen. The most recent episode is really incredible. After being pretty confused the first couple of episodes, I've pieced together enough of the backstory to have figured out what's going on. Or, rather, the storytellers have let it unfold to let viewers get what they need to know.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched the first season with my wife, but she doesn't seem interested in the second. I may have to move on to the new season without her.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched the first two seasons and we both thought it was good. Parts are disturbing and parts very slow, but it is worth the ride. Plus, I get a kick out of recognizing some of the locations. The police station they used for much of Season 2 isn't far from me.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I never read the book and I haven’t watched the new season yet, but he’s a really good actor, especially compared to some of the other key roles (Joe, Juliana and Frank).

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A miniseries version of A Christmas Carol from the creator and writer of Peaky Blinders. Yes. Please. Two Scoops.

7. DanOregon

Blown away by Mindhunter's second season, particularly the guy playing Manson - who also played Dewey Crow on Justified - Damon Harriman. He also plays Manson in Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Not bad for an Aussie. I don't know if I've ever seen him play an uninteresting character.

And damn sneaky doing a blink and you miss it cameo of the guy from ep 9 in a crowd scene from ep. 6.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Check out his performance in the Aussie series "Secret City" on Netflix.

9. DanOregon

I did. He's also in Perpetual Grace Ltd on Epix.

HC likes this.
  10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Finally caught up with Mr. Robot. What a roller coaster. Truly one of the best TV shows of the year. Don't sleep on this season.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just started Good Omens on Amazon. It's very British but pretty good. Of course I'm a sucker for most things David Tennant is in but it is entertaining so far.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Today is the 48th Anniversary of Brian’s Song. One of the great tearjerkers ever. Great acting.

top 10 non news event ever on TV

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted