1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The final season of Mr. Robot has been good, and this week's episode took it to another level. Sort of a bottle episode set up in five acts. Crazy that this show sort of lives in obscurity on USA, because it's excellent.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I've loved Mr. Robot since the first season and believe the lead-up to this season has paid off.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it lost some momentum and viewers - myself included - with seasons two and three. At that point, I figured I would just wait it out and catch up at the end, if people deemed it good.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mentioned the fifth ep of the season a page or two back. Seriously some top-notch filmmaking. Enjoyed the bottle episode, if only to tie off a couple of character arcs. No doubt the savings on production on the latest, helped pay for the fifth ep.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No more Crossed Giblets of Death, but we do have this.

garrow likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I watched the first two seasons of Halt and Catch Fire when it was on AMC, forgot about it one year, and it disappeared from my On Demand so I never finished. One of those best of the decade lists reminded me of it, and thankfully, all four seasons are on Netflix. Breezing through season 3 now. Forgot how good of a show this was. And Kerry Bishe is a goddamn smokeshow.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It is the slowest of slow burn shows, and a summary of it - hey, it's about the development of early home computers! - is pretty tough to sell friends on. But I also adored it, and the risks it took with characters throughout.

8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You mean GREAT show. The acting is superb. I have new respecgt for Lee Pace, Scooter McNairy, Mackenzie Davis and Kerry Bishe after this show.

Truly. Every time she got on screen, I was always blown away by her beauty.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished season 2 of the Kominsky Method. Great acting and some very strong writing. Not sure if there is much more if the story to tell though and the last 2-3 episodes felt very uneven and rushed.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I’m approaching the finish line for “The Man in the High Castle.” Two episodes to go. I got the answer to my burning question of how John Smith went from decorated American general to Nazi general. The Japanese are running away from the Negro Communists. Don’t want to spoil it. Be back when I’m finished.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've really enjoyed both season of "The Sinner" on USA. Each season is a good eight-episode binge - the acting is superior to what you'd get on a typical procedural, the story deeper than what you would get in a film. It's like an Americanized Wallender or Shetland but without as much pathos.

HC likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep, I also can highly recommend.

Draft saved Draft deleted