1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Becky Slater 4eva

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching Perpetual Grace Ltd. on Epix (free for another week on Xfinity). - I enjoyed "Patriot" also by Steve Conrad. Imagine a Coen Bros. film directed by Wes Anderson. It's dark, quirky, but always interesting and a great cast (Jimi Simpson, Kurtwood Smith, Ben Kingsley, Luis Guzman and Jacki Weaver among others).

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The AHS: 1984 finale was kind of a curveball, but I dug it.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

What about the ones in a coma or omg the ones with amnesia?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

you crazy. love that show.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finished season 3 of Big Mouth this morning ... I'm assuming a season 4 has been greenlighted? Lots of stuff left hanging. And that Duke Ellington episode got really dark at times.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Survivor just showed how NOT to address sexual harassment of women. They allowed the inappropriate behavior to reach the point of the man touching women while they sleep but all Survivor producers did was say “we’re here for you” even though the women were telling the guy to back off. Then they let other women lie about being harassed to get an advantage. Horrible, just emboldens the harasser.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched that episode - thought it was interesting that some of the players used it as "game play" - using it to gain votes/build alliances whether they really wanted the guy gone or not. My guess is that that guy just got a free pass to the final tribal since everyone will look good next to him.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I've started watching "Ozark." Jason Bateman is good. Much, much better than on those throwaway "comedy" movies he's been in.

Not gonna be vacationing in Missouri anytime soon.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Crown Season 3 is off to a great start. First episode is the best they've done.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

sorry but nope. I was bored stiff.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thought it was great. My knowledge if the royals is limited, and I had not heard the main story of the first episode.

I also adore Olivia Coleman.

I enjoyed the first season but never got around to Season 2. Wife and I were looking for something to watch and I figured I could jump back in because of the time jump.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted