1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Good use of JUSTICE as the trailer music.

Is it really only five episodes next season? Didn't say he and Justin were scheduled to make a lot more?

2. They are only releasing five episodes, for now.

Maybe it'll be a split season? Don't know.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Must have picked up scheduling and production tips from the creators of the Venture Bros.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The final season of Orange is the new Black is one of the better seasons they've had - but having some of the inmates out of jail, a cast that was already ungainly and the use of flashbacks takes a while to gather itself. I did like the ways they found to incorporate some characters we hadn't seen in a while. Some of the best depictions of ICE storylines I've seen.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anybody watching this season of American Horror Story?
    This is the first season I've seen. I'm enjoying it, but is it always this bugnuts crazy? They're four episodes in and it already feels like they've had 10 episodes worth of twists and turns.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kinda brilliant basing it on an 80s slasher flick.

garrow likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When they did Roanoke, they split the show in half between a reality show and a return. In that, some of the twists came fast. I really hope they don't do it like that again but this run has been fantastic. And I hate slashers.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing in particular, if you're a Venture Brothers fan, have you ever heard about the beef between Doc Hammer and Voltaire? Voltaire is a pretty talented guy in his own right, well known on the SF/F convention circuit, mostly as a musical act. The two have had something of a running beef each other for prolly thirty years. (Unsurprisingly, the story differs depending on who tells it.) I heard Voltaire's rap about it at Dragoncon in Atlanta, and a video is up on Youtube. Both sides have made a number of snide comments along the way. It's pretty funny once it gets going. But when you get to the kicker...

Hang in for his song, "Brains" from the cartoon "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy".

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You can watch the new season of Letterkenny on Hulu or Crave in Canada if you want to.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched the first season of Luther recently. Not really feeling it — the level of implausibility was just too great for me.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Sling has some free stuff for Android users.

Sling TV launches free content for Android, Android TV apps - 9to5Google

Why bother was my reaction.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I understand that I am in my 50's, and I don't need to be watching it anyways, but I am done with the Flash. I'm not doing another time travel season. Despite all the hot chicks in it, I'm taking it off the DVR.

They cannot do a season that doesn't involve time travel. You could have Flash doing all sorts of cool things, but it's always messing with the time/space continuum.

Out

Draft saved Draft deleted