1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the sequel coming next year. Great books.

Watched a bit of the new Lily Singh late-night show. Hard to judge a late-night show a few weeks in - I think the bigger problem will be that they are shooting a season worth of shows in three months due to her other projects. And while I think a show devoid of political topics is fine and probably welcome - I do think having a host aware of the same things the audience is truly helps them "connect" with a host.
    It's too early to judge - they are still burning through the "Yes, I'm a woman, I'm Indian" type jokes.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I read that book and The Angel of Darkness, I would have thought that Carr would have written a few more and they would have been made into movies. I guess he has other interests.

garrow likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It kind of feels like a CBS show to me. Light entertainment that isn't too challenging.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Peaky Blinders dropped another season. I didn't think they had more to tell after how the last episode ended.

5. DanOregon

It's almost impossible to track which shows are coming back, which are on hiatus and which are cancelled. There was a Tom Hardy show called Taboo (very similar to Peaky Blinders) that aired in early 2017 on FX, it was renewed for a second season that I guess is coming out next year. Granted Hardy has been busy, but damn - three years is a lifetime in TV.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Anyone else here watch "Rick and Morty" or "Letterkenny"? Both are back soon.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Love Rick and Morty. Unfortunately I got behind on Country Music and it's a race against the clock to watch it all before they disappear from On Demand, so that's what I'm on this week. Still need to get to The Deuce, Righteous Gemstones, Big Mouth ... and I think Mr. Robot might be back this weekish? So much TV, so little time.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The Ken Burns doc is on Kanopy.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I had no idea what Kanopy was until just now, so thanks for the heads up.

HC likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Mr. Robot is back, and it's supposed to be good again. I'm highly intrigued, but I missed all of S3 because of a lack of cable, so I think I'm just going to wait until the end to catch up on the last two seasons.

11. R&M doesn't drop for another month and its only 5 episodes.
    The trailer looks ok.

12. DanOregon

Finally saw the final season of The Americans. That was some amazing television. Really have to give FX a lot of credit for sticking with it to the end despite the low ratings, rarely getting above 1 million viewers after season 2.
    I still watch Mayans and Snowfall - but that network has had quite a run with dramas since The Shield.

Draft saved Draft deleted