1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm currently rewatching the third season of Mr. Robot in preparation of the final one coming out next month!

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loving Sneaky Pete on Amazon - cross between Breaking Bad and Justified. Crazy to think the ball got rolling with an off-hand comment Cranston made during an Emmy speech.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. 1st season was good. Second season was Ok.

4. Couple of Comedy specials.
    Jim Gaffigan's latest on Prime. His ;ast several specials have been hilarious. Consistently, cleanly funny.
    Chappelle's Sticks and Stones on Netflix. Def. his best stand up. I don't think standup is his strong suit. This was good.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Have finally caught up on Succession. Gotta say, Boar on the Floor was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched in a show. They've somehow made a monster like Tom Wamsgams seem sympathetic.

And I loved the end to episode four, when
    Kendall goes back up to the roof and they had built glass to keep him from stepping out close to the ledge. Or did I imagine that?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Correct.
    I also liked the fact that Logan seemed genuinely concerned that Kendall had killed himself after the reports of the gunfire

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes Boar on the Floor was uncomfortable for me as well. That interplay between Tom and Greg in Ep 4 was so good.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The latest episode of Succession, the shooter, was by far the best of the season.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Thought that last night’s Succession was their best episode yet. The way that the Pierce family was portrayed was super well done. And, no spoilers, but the framing of the very final shot was perfect.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Agree, quality episode. I still don't like any of the characters, but I'm still watching.
    How often can Shiv say something stupid and claim she was joking? And she's probably the sharpest one of the bunch.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As has become the norm, I end up being so tired by 9 p.m. on Sunday that I fall asleep halfway through Succession and having to rewatch on Monday, which is fine. So many weird things going on.

When is Tom going to snap? He basically spends the whole show being emasculated by Shiv, now he's losing his only real piece of the action and even cousin Greg(ory) isn't around to be his whipping boy anymore.

The Roman-Gerri thing ... that's something.

Good point on Shiv. Logan is doing everything in his power to show people he's still in charge, and he won't take kindly to Shiv trying to force the issue when it comes to announcing her as his successor. As she said, there will be consequences.

Wonder what was the tipping point to getting the deal done? I'm sure it will be addressed last week.

Connor: I might have gotten a little tipsy and offered him the State Department.

Kendall waking up caked in his own shit, that was an odd touch. Not familiar with going on coke benders, but is that a thing that happens often?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished True Detective Season 3. Mahershala Ali so deserves the Emmy for best actor. Outstanding work.

HC and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted