1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Diane Wiest was a horrible fit for that show. Just god awful.

Fred Dalton Thompson was pretty good, but it was hard to get past his GOP Senate background. Loved his Tennessee twang.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I thought Wiest and Brohm (and whoever played Cutter) were awful... But also, that that was okay! Like, it was "helpful" to have characters that weren't great at their jobs to round things out, similar to how I found the Green-Cassidy season interesting.

3. swingline

Ah, I had tried to put that Cassidy character out of my mind. Terrible actress with the range of a wet dishrag.

Now where did I leave my lobotomy icepick?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Finished Bosch season 5 -- really good show although it is close to the edge of getting stale. They certainly don't cheat themselves in terms of story lines as it seems like everyone is juggling 3 major investigations/personal crises at once.

JimmyHoward33 and TigerVols like this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The plot for season 5 came from one of the worst books in the series. It was silly at times. As much as I think the TV show cleans up some of the books' problems, it couldn't do it for this oxy riff.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

When I saw Linus Roache (Cutter) on "Homeland" I couldn't figure out where I'd seen him before. Now I know.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You could drive a truck through a number of the plot turns on the Oxy story --for but one example (and not spoiling because it is in the first scene) I never knew why they got on the plane and went to the ranch.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All mere pikers compared to Steven Hill.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

... which led to an awesome SNL L&O spoof, the Traffic Court sketch. (Can't find a link online.) L&O was often fertile ground for SNL, with my favorite one being Waterston shilling robot insurance:

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I am yet to figure out why the bad guys were flying people out to desert hideaways.

It truly was the worst of the series. Yet still better than pretty much everything else this side of Line of Duty and Shetland.

11. swingline

Of course. I thought that was universally understood.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Our long national nightmare is over. DirecTV and CBS settled. CBS is back on the air.
    Now, what about the Pac-12 Network?

Draft saved Draft deleted