1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No love for Dzundza and Noth?

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ohrbach and I don’t care who is with him fill every top spot.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Typos are the very devil, since I can't afford to hire the personal copy desk I need.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying "Yellowstone," I'm having a damn difficult time finding a character on the show I can like.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What’s always great about Law & Order is how many famous actors you got to see in their early days struggling to make it in NY.

A friend of a friend worked in production on the show in the early years, and would often be in charge of making arrangements to use apartments as sets. You could make a decent amount of money to give up your place for a couple of days, plus they would usually pay for a couple of other apartments for the actors to wait. Also, an excellent second income for this guy taking a cut from tenants.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

AirBnBnLnO.

Fred siegle and Webster like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Crossing Jordan as the best ADA? I'd take all the others over her, with Elizabeth Rohm being the exception.

For the cops, it's Orbach and whoever his partner was. Noth, Martin and Bratt, in that order.

Sisto's best line ever: Left hand and a bowl of water.

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

100 percent agree. I’m ok with everyone but sisto and farina (Chicago guy). And holy shit I confused Sisto and imperioli (sopranos guy) in an earlier post. Sisto sucked. Sopranos guy was only slightly bad. I liked Ed Green a lot too. Like Briscoe, a very complicated guy.
    Entertainment weekly ranked them and came out with Briscoe/Green as the top pair, which I 100 percent agree with. When they were on it was law and orders glory years, especially when combined with hennesey. And I still get emotional when I see her last episode. That one was also a big departure from the “norm” for the series.
    (Green and Cassidy - the one year woman - were ranked last, but I’d still go Farina and Falco, who were second to last.)

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She was certainly not the best actress, but good lord was Angie Harmon throwing high 90s when she was on the show.

HanSenSE, ChrisLong and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Claire was my number 1. You’re right about serina being the worst. I’d probably put Abbie Carmichael and Jamie Ross as my 2-3. The episode where Connie rubirosa has to represent the defendant was probably the only time I rooted against the ada. Cutter sucked.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

The show was still OK while Orbach was alive, but the show and story lines suffered a marked drop in quality once Adam Schiff left.

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted