1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Finally watched Veronica Mars. I'm now on a VMars hiatus while I process it. Also, the most torturous thing was being 20 minutes from the end of the penultimate episode and having my internet go down for an hour and a half. #FirstWorldProblems

If you want to chat about it though, send me a PM.

I also finished Big Little Lies. Overall, I wasn't a fan of this season because I didn't like how they brought in Meryl's character to try to justify the abuse that Celeste went through. But mostly, I felt because season 1 was actually based on a book, it was better thought out, it was more tightly written and plotted, and the second season was all over the place. You didn't know where it was going to go, or, at times, what story it was trying to tell.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was reading a couple of recaps and the reviewer said that the show was a mood and not dependent on plot. That’s when I should have bailed.

Bad acts committed in season 1 are seemingly forgotten in 30 seconds.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Finished Stranger Things 3 which I liked a lot more than 2. Robin and Steve should be given a spinoff series.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you liked baseball cards, “Jack of All Trades” on Netflix. Cool story.

5. Posted on the movies thread. I thought it was terrible.
    Almost a scripted reality documentary.

Hated it.

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Hennesey was the best. I think it went downhill after 9/11 when they started doing terrorism episodes. It didn’t help when they added the sopranos guy, I didn’t like him at all. And the old detective from Chicago sucked too. Honestly, briscoe and McCoy held everything together, and the guy who replaced McCoy in the courtroom was the final straw for me, which ruined the end of my 5th favorite tv show, behind 1. Deadwood, 2. Sopranos, 3. West wing, and 4. Freaks and geeks

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Starting final season of OITNB tonight.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It was rough no doubt but I liked that it was about baseball cards.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Saw it. Pretty good. I hope that Piper isn't the focus of the entire final season.

10. I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I quit at then end of season 3 or 4 and never went back.

FYI... good Aussie version of OINB called Wentworth on Netflix.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Michael Cutter. My pet theory about him was that if the show went on, McCoy would have fired him and promoted Connie Rubirosa, and maybe even moved Det. Lupo into the DA's office. Throughout the last or second to last season, you find out: 1) Cutter never actually got his law degree and 2) Rubirosa generally seems more competent than him, even besting him in a contrived scenario where she has to become a public defender and 3) Lupo is working on getting his law degree and 4) Lupo and Cutter are both sweet on Rubirosa. (Also: The last few seasons of Law & Order aren't as good, mostly because of Cutter, but there is some good stuff in there between McCoy becoming DA, Van Buren fighting cancer, and Jeremy Sisto and Anthony Anderson, pre-Blackish, as detectives.)

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sisto and Anderson were the third best pair of detectives, trailing Ohrbach and Noth and Paul Sorvino and Noth.

Draft saved Draft deleted