1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really like Aldis Hodge, nice to see him get some bigger roles. (Of course I root for just about every actor who appeared in FNL).

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished the first season of Fleabag. Holy fuck it's fantastic.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Finished off the Netflix season last night and agree with everything that's been said. This season seemed to take more of a turn toward "West Wing" with a concentration on the people rather than the cliffhanger-of-the-week. But, for political drama, what a cliffhanger to end with. Also, do not miss having mood music in every scene.

lakefront likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tense, gritty, enjoyed.

5. DanOregon

Fifth season of Luther just wrapped its four-ep run on BBC America.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was excellent and so grim. Despite Hader’s laughing persona in interviews, he’s got some dark places to go.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Anyone see History's Greatest Roasts on Netflix? They did Anne Frank with Gilbert Gottfried as Hitler. I about wet myself.

8. DanOregon

Some were better than others. It's a great idea. Didn't realize that was Rickles daughter impersonating her dad - odd to use the the term sweet, but it kinda was.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The first episode of "The Loudest Voice" was fascinating entertainment. Russel Crowe won't win an Emmy because of the subject manner but this may be his best performance. Reminiscent of Gandolfini in the Sopranos.

10. DanOregon

Wrapping up the third and final season of Shooter on Netflix. The show was star-crossed from the jump with a premiere delayed by a mass shooting in Dallas, a stuntman injured and the second season cut short because Ryan Phillipe broke his leg during some down time. The third season more than makes up for it with some great turns by Gerald McRaney, Jesse Bradford, Eric Ladin and Michael O'Neill.

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

His "fat-man" transformation reminds me of Christian Bale as Dick Cheney in Vice.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Conan O'Brien uploaded a bunch of old NBC clips onto YouTube. Team Coco is the account.

Matt Walsh and Ian Roberts are in this one.

There is another one from the moid-90's with Matt Walsh and Amy Poehler.

Draft saved Draft deleted