1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Would it be "Deadwood" without "Cocksucker!"?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Wu-Swearengen scenes were like that one scene with McNulty and Bunk where they only say fuck.

Neutral Corner and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Killing Eve continues to deliver. It's my favorite show on TV right now.

Neutral Corner and Spartan Squad like this.
  5. Webster

Veep leaned a bit too hard into the Trump thing this week.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Definitely on the nose. But damn, there were a few laugh-out-loud lines in that episode.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Couldn't stop and burned through the fifth season of Bosch. Tremendous. The quality of the acting/writing in the show has been great since day one.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Webster

Binged the first season of Broadchurch this week on my commute. What a well acted show. Too many plot twists in terms of the suspects but really enjoyed. Hopefully the next 2 seasons are as good.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

If you enjoyed Deadwood I think you might also like "Warrior". It's a Cinemax series focusing on the old west in SF Chinatown. It has Tongs, Irish labor gangs and police, corrupt anglo politicians. Plenty of well done stunt violence (not CGI). And being Cinemax, well you know...

(If you have Spectrum silver tier, Cinemax was removed in February, it is now a standalone purchase. If you call Spectrum and ask them nicely, they will give you a free year as a promotion.)

10. Neutral Corner

They are. It's such a solid show. Good stuff.

I remember how happy we were when season 3 came out.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Agree so much. And that cast, migawd.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

At some point I lost track of Last Man on Earth - damn that was a funny show (RIP) - probably ran as long as it should have 60ish episodes - but it played like a cable or streaming service comedy show. Even though I went to high school with the guy, Will Forte's humor wasn't a great fit for SNL. Here - whether shaving half his face and head (and leaving it that way for several episodes) or the obscure pop culture references and odd "code" the show lives by - helps even out the whole "everyone else is dead" vibe that lingers over the survivors.

Draft saved Draft deleted