1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize AV will likely come back on CBS Access - but I also think they have run out of bodily functions. Maybe they widen it out beyond a high school setting. Still - Netflix has cancelled more good shows in the last year than they have left on the site.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The Good Doctor: seems implausible, but the acting is so good -- particularly by Freddie Highmore in the role of the title character -- that the show is always poignant and compelling. And oftentimes, it's downright riveting. At the end of the hour, I almost always remark about what a good show it is, and how I wish the episode was not over and would keep on going.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. DanOregon

MASH and ER were the only hospital shows I ever got into. And Grey's just passed ER for longest running hospital show. While I've always understood the "life or death" drama such a setting provides - always found it odd that networks seem to go out of their way to always have one (or more) on their airwaves at all times. Pharma ad dollars? Cheaper to produce since you don't have to shoot outside a studio? The demographics?

One of the strengths of ER was that it was like all hospital shows put together - rebellious doc (Clooney), neophyte (Wylie), nurse (Marguiles), Surgeon (LaSalle) and overseer (Edwards) - most shows use one of these types as the main protaganist - ER used all of them in an ensemble. MASH had them all but the neophyte.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I like New Amsterdam more than I thought I would, stories are pretty compelling. And we watch Chicago Med, but it's basically a soap opera with blood.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Been watching Fouda on Netflix on my commute home. Pretty gripping series if not super deep.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Watching Unsolved about the Tupac and B.I.G murders.

The show does two things well: How frustrating the investigation had to have been given you have one side that has a code of not talking and how corrupt the LAPD was (is?).

It is a little jarring to try to keep track of three timelines. I'm not sure how else you tell the story but they're trying. I'm also taking this with a heaping spoonful of salt.

7. DanOregon

So much involved in that case - LAPD not being certain they weren't involved to some extent, so many unreliable witnesses. My opinion? Neither shooting was a big conspiracy - but rather low level gang members trying to show their allegience and or make a name for themselves. Might have simply been a personal beef with Tupac that got him shot - someone felt Tupac disrespected him and didn't care about his fame. And then someone else thinking Tupac's murder needed to be avenged.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. DanOregon

Whisky Cavalier is a brainless show that makes Scandal look deep but I like that it is shot in Europe so the scenery is nice. Also - it proves that Lauren Cohen was absolutely wasted on The Walking Dead. The show would have been better with just her.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Saw "Abducted", you are right. Weird freaking people.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

After Life. Really enjoyed it. Dark with heart.

Probably have to be a Ricky Gervais fan though.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I am on episode 4 of Downton Abbey.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No spoilers!

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted