1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. Love the interplay balance of Ali and Dorff. Dad is really enjoyable too. Wife thinks its a little too talky but I'm enjoying the suspense.

sgreenwell and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Finished Russian Dolls. Well done. Definitely worth it. Interesting and new, not something you see often.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched 6 episodes last night. Was worried that it would be Groundhog Day all over. It truly is a delightful WTF experience. Well done, funny, touching. Can’t wait to finish.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched the Sam Cooke documentary on Netflix. I thought it was very well done but the conspiracy theory stuff about his death was very flimsy and detracted from the core message.

Wife and I have started The Handmaid's Tale. 3 episodes in, it is super compelling but a tough watch.

lakefront likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

True Detective episode 7; some apparent answers, still compelling. Can’t wait for final answers next week.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m guessing Purple Hayes makes a deal.

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I watched a DVRed showing of NBC's recent All-Star Tribute to Elvis, commemorating his "1968 comeback."

It just pointed up how all the performers who were in it aren't Elvis Presley.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix? An interesting collection of actors in a comic book Quantum Leap-esk show. Ellen Page headlines the cast but she's more of a secondary character (so far. I think she's going to be a bigger deal by the end of the season). It got me wanting to see it through and where they end up. I'm finishing ep. 7 of 10.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I love superhero stuff, and this series lost me with that amazingly awkward dance thing where they were all dancing to the old Tiffany song. I'm actually amazed it's 73 on rotten tomatoes.

I wikied the comic it is based on, and it sounded amazing, but this series just seems to lose so much because of what was cut out of the comic for Netflix.

I could watch Page al day long, though.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

True Detective season three delivers. It’s well worth the watch.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes. Satisfying ending. Very cool.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I think I liked this season of True Detective better than the first.

Draft saved Draft deleted