1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Jenny McCarthy flat out admitted that she didn't know if her husband (Donnie Wahlberg) was one of them. If I were married and my husband was a singer, I would think I would know what his voice sounded like.

garrow likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Counterpart on Starz is as good as advertised with JK Simmons doing the heavy lifting. I don't know why it is set in Berlin as opposed to somewhere else - but it really does add something to the story. Particularly since Berlin too was once a divided city.

The weird thing, they shoot it in Berlin AND L.A. I can't believe they hop back and forth week by week depending on what the locations require. Unless it's just the scenes where "both" Howards share the screen and the technology is only in LA.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We finally caught "Killing Eve". Holy shit. Absolutely loved it. Great performances.

You know how you can catch plot points being telegraphed? Forget it.

Can't wait for season two.

Cosmo likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Crashing came back on HBO and I didn't even realize it. Caught the season opener last night, and damn, Artie Lange's nose ...

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not going back through 344 pages ... does anyone here watch Letterkenny? Friend of mine turned me on to it recently and it's hilarious. It's on Hulu.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I’ve been catching up on this show and yeah. The second season episode
    when Artie misses the benefit show
    was kinda tough to watch after seeing the recent pictures.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Good article on how Masked Singer is produced

Answers to all your Masked Singer questions

And to answer the question about leaks:

(Unmasked singer) said that “the audience was there for the reveal,” but that audience was different for the unmasking.

Executive producer Craig Plestis explained:

“On the production side, everyone had to sign a NDA. Everyone who came to the set, who were in the audience, they had to sign NDAs.

And when we actually had the unmasking, it was the audience itself was mainly composed of friends and family.

We asked everyone also involved on the show, when this was taping, “You are here for something special. This is our first time we are taping it. We hope you keep it quiet. You can tweet and talk about it the day it airs after the unmasking, but you are part of our family now, and we’d ask you to please keep this a secret.”

It’s really hard this day and age, but we can confiscate phones. We did try every kind of piece of lawyer paper possible as well.”

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I've never watched Documentary Now! before, but the season 3 premiere episode parody of Wild Wild Country is hilarious.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm on episode 3. The details are absolutely batshit crazy. It's every well done.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Russian Doll anyone. Groundhog Day with drugs and women

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching Frontier on Netflix. Third season of the show about the Canadian fur trade, the Hudson's Bay Co. and Jason Mamoa wreaking all sorts of havoc. I like that the seasons are only six episodes.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've seen the first two episodes and I'm still in the 'WTF is this?' phase. I'll keep going to see how the story unfolds.

Draft saved Draft deleted