1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Read an interesting piece on Ryan Murphy recently where he said going into a third season after shooting 40 eps is brutal. Love the 13-ep arcs of cable. you get the single ep arcs as well as pieces of the season-long arc.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Watching Jack Ryan.

Not bad. Not great either. Hall of Good.

I do like that it shows there are good people in the Middle East we need to help. I was sort of thinking I was going to get TEAM America, fuck yeah.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm all over this when it comes out.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

All over that. Looking forward to it.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished the first season of The Good Fight. Great stuff. Diving into season 2 next week.

Holding off on True Detective until I can watch it with my wife. Need to avoid spoilers, which shouldn’t be too tough. We always have a tough time agreeing to something to watch together. Now we have two. First World problem.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No posts about "Bird Box" yet? Two hours of nonstop intensity ... and Sanda Bullock to boot!

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think there was some discussion on the movie thread. I know I mentioned it there. It was okay.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I liked the first two True Detective episodes. Not sure I can buy Scoot McNairy as an Arkansas redneck, but ... the show is so well shot that it often makes me forget about the sometimes questionable casting and acting performances.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just started The Bodyguard. Really enjoyed the first episode

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Meadow turned out OK. As Tony protested to Carmela in Season I, just after choking Frank Peter to death on the college trip to Bates and Colby that was actually filmed at Drew.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Keeps getting better and better.

Draft saved Draft deleted