1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I know everyone here is avid watchers of Oxygen, but Dick Wolf produces a series called Cold Justice that is fantastic. The lead is former Houston-area DA Kelly Siegler and she goes to smaller towns with a team of investigators and tries to help the local law enforcement solve cold cases.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I was able to check out the new Magnum PI last night (just seeing how the rebooted character looked since I'll be seeing him on Hawaii Five-0 crossovers). It was all right, I guess; you could definitely tell it was made by the same group that does H50. Oh, and this Higgins is a very attractive British blonde who seems to have 'future love interest' written all over her.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally finished the second season of Ozark. I admit, Bateman irritated me for much of his early career - but his career has been tremendous since Dodgeball and Arrested Development. The camera work and shot selection alone in season 2 is amazing. The drone shots tracking the boats and zooming in across the water, the long lens work, the mirroring of Darlene and Wendy, Baby Zeke, Buddy, absolutely heartbreaking stuff. If you haven't seen Bad Words or the Family Fang - you really should.

4. DanOregon

The premiere of Murphy Brown was every bit as obvious as you would expect. A spanx joke before the first commercial break.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think I read somewhere that the first episode was going to be Trump-heavy, but from then on it wouldn't be.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I guess this is the rebuttal to the Roseanne remake?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Manifest. Has potential.

The Sinner -- Season 1 w/ Jessica Biel was well made and full of twists you didn't see coming...and if you did, they were revealed in unique ways anyway.

3 epi into Season 2 (following the Fargo route, where the main characters are different (no Biel) but the cops are the same (Pullman). It's even better than Season 1.

It's available on Netflix, but apparently was/is a USA Network show...which I find hard to believe.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Watched season one of The Crown. Magnificent. The money they put into really shows. Excellent actors. John Lithgow is better as Churchill than Gary Oldman.

9. DanOregon

I think Single Parents simply tried too hard and the characters unrealistic. Despite the male lead (see my avatar).

A Million Little Things is an obvious attempt to rip off This Is Us, cast is decent - what I don't understand is why they picked up a show by a producer who is O for 7 in shows getting a second season and I think only one of his shows got additional eps after the initial order. He did "Truth Be Told", "Growing Up Fisher", "Guys With Kids" "Up All Night" "Bent" .....yeah those classics. I'd be surprised if this show sees February.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You didn't get that from the trailer?

11. DanOregon

Never saw the trailer. The premise sounded awful, but a few critics said it was a show worth checking out.

I'm always amazed at what shows get on the air. You get the sense that a network suit runs into a producer and asks "what's up?" Producer says - oh, a friend of mine died/I had a kid/ I'm staying home raising it while wife works/ My in-law moved in with me and my wife.... Network suit says "How does Tuesdays 9 p.m., 8 central sound?

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just discovered this on Netflix. Loved it.

Draft saved Draft deleted