1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Any new shows people are excited about this year?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I'm sure whatever Dick Wolf and CBS have cooking will be scintillating television.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

for your parents / grandparents

garrow likes this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They're going to have to create a new cable network in another year just to run 12 hours of repeats of the show daily.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

1. New season of Bojack Horseman
    2. New season of The Man in the High Castle
    3. Game of Thrones (obvi)

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Still a long wait for Game of Thrones to come back.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I will probably give The Cool Kids a shot because I love Vicki Lawrence and Leslie Jordan. But I haven't heard any good buzz about it, so I'm not very optimistic.

9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. At least there's some good TV to fill the void until then.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really unimpressed with the concepts and casts being trotted out by networks. The Cool Kids does look like it has potential. Most of the rest like paler imitations of better shows.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I watched the season 9 opener of Shameless last night ... and I'm pretty much ready to cut it from the rotation. I guess I'm curious how Fiona detangles herself from the Gallagher clan by the end of the season, since the showrunners have said that she won't be killed off. But there's such a rinse-repeat thing going with this show right now that it's not even enjoyable viewing. The Ian storyline is just fucking stupid. Kev and V may as well be in a different show. Frank is an ass (what else is new?) Lip continues to wrestle with his sobriety and involve himself with shitty women. And Deb, who fucking cares? I thought the show had run its course by last season, but I was willing to give the opener a shot. It was enough. Farewell, Shameless, it was fun while it was fun.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that season 2 was an unintelligible mess. There was some great acting, but I didn't understand what the heck was going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted