1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Rick and Morty ... My 15-year-old son watched it.
    we got Hulu, so I checked it out. First 2 seasons we're OK. Nothing LOL - It's listed as TV 14.
    Then season 3 started, the F bombs started flying and they bumped it to TV MA.
    Son No. 1 is now grounded from watching any content w/o approval and parental controls have been re-installed.

Its an OK show. Not that funny, mildly entertaining and kind of dark.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just finished season 2 Handmaid's Tale. June/Offred, WTF?

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought her choice made absolute sense.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I still think that the kids are drawn as too dumb (even Kendall) to think about running a business, but it has greatly improved over the last couple of episodes.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Catching up on Brooklyn 99 - glad they saved that show. Don't know if there is a stronger cast top to bottom. And Braugher - the guy can do anything.

Saw the Hannah Gadsby comedy special Nanette on Netflix. Yes, it is pretty amazing and should be watched all the way through. And probably the most powerful response in the MeToo era I've seen.

Secret City on Netflix is an Aussie import featuring governmental intrigue between Oz and China. Most notable perhaps is the actor who plays a trans NSA agent (he's probably best known for playing Dewey Crow on Justified.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Discovered The Goldbergs on Hulu.
    Love it.

jr/shotglass and sgreenwell like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

They show re-runs on "regular" TV here, and I find it to be a funny, well-made network sitcom. Like, nothing too challenging, good innings eater of a show.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Exactly. You know what's going to happen, really. Present the playing field for the episode; create conflict; solve conflict in a nice, warm-and-fuzzy way. But it is always entertaining.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Jeff Samardzija of sitcoms?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Count me in for liking the Goldbergs. Plus, it does the 80s nostalgia really well. The parts at the end where they show the real-life inspirations for the show's events are also really entertaining.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Goldbergs is a very good show, perhaps not groundbreaking, but funny and nice. And the Beefsteak Charlie’s episode was my favorite TV episode of the year.

Wenders likes this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Because I am forever behind the times, I watched the first episode of Stranger Things last night. I will watch the second episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted